How to configure a Proxy Server on my LG Optimus Pro
Many times we use my LG Optimus Pro at my friends WiFi network.We dont think of the implications caused due to our usage of other entities networks.However, the administrators of other network can gather highly valuable information regarding your website visits /application usage through their network monitors/Sniffers.We can use proxy for internet on a PC then, why not for our beloved LG Optimus Pro ?
Use the following steps to set the proxy server for a wireless network connection:
1. Ask the network administrator for the information of the proxy-server.
2. Open the Applications tab and click Settings.
3. Click Wireless & networks.
4. Make sure the wireless network is enabled, and connected to the network for which you want to set the proxy server.
5. Click Wi-Fi settings.
6. In the list of available networks, Click and hold the network to which you are connected, until a menu shows.
7. Click Modify Network.
8. Click Proxy Settings, and then Manual.
9. Enter the Proxy hostname, and the proxy port number. Optionally, under Bypass proxy for, you can enter the domain names for which the proxy does not need to be used, typically intranet websites in a corporate network.
10. Click Save.Try the proxy server for a wireless network connection.